This article will go through how to connect your Active Directory to VisitLog.
1. Active Directory settings
- Open VisitLog Manager and go to Administration.
- Next, go to General settings.
- Select Active Directory settings.
- Enter your Active Directory credentials here:
- AD Name: Set a name to your connection.
- Server name: Enter the IP adress or server name to the active directory.
- LDAP root: Enter the LDAP root.
- Enter a Port or use SSL/TLS and Username and Password if your AD requires that.
- Finally hit Load listboxes.
- After successful connection you’ll se all available OU, select the ones you want to import. By hitting View Users you’ll be able to ser users in the selected OU.
- Finally hit Import Now to import users to VisitLog.
2. Active Directory filter
It is possible to apply a filter to the selected OU to sort out the desired hosts.
- Double-click on the selected OU
- Insert appropriate LDAP-Syntax, Example: (OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=domain,DC=local)
- Insert desired filter, Example: ((&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(memberOf=cn=VLHost,ou=Security Groups,ou=MyBusiness,dc=domain,dc=local))