This article will go through how to setup an SQL Server on the client which will be used by visitors for check in. This guide is solely made for this purpose and therefore requires further configuration if installed on a different client.
1. SQL Requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later.
- Microsoft SQL Express Server 2008 or later.
2. Download SQL Express
Download the SQL Express Advanced 2019 Server, then follow the steps below.
2.1 Install SQL Express
- Choose Custom installation.
- Click Next.
- Create a new SQL Server stand-alone installation.
- After Global Rules have been loaded, SQL might prompt you to restart your computer. If so, restart the computer and click Next.
- Make sure that all rules have passed status. You can disregard Windows Firewall warning.
- Accept license terms and click Next.
- Untick the Machine Learning box and click Next.
- Name you instance to VisitLog and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Change Authentication mode to Mixed mode. Choose a password and write it down. Click Next.
- Wait for Installation Progress.
- Make sure that all features have status Succeeded.
- Installation is complete, click Close.
- Enter the following credentials when connecting to VisitLog:
- Servername: .\VISITLOG
- Username: sa (server admin)
- Password: Use the password entered in step 10.
- Database: VisitLog